Sunday, June 21, 2026

The NADH isn't working miracles for me today. I figured as much, so it's no surprise. I knew the last couple of days it seemed to help was just a coincidence. So many things seem to help at first! Besides, if there were any miracle pills I could take, Rhonda or the doctors before her would have told me.

It's okay. I'm used to being tired and having to spend so much time in bed. While it's frustrating not to be able to do as much as I'd like, it also keeps me from being bored. I ended up bored yesterday because I did so much more and then ended up without much to do in the end. This way, I always have things to look forward to.

I'm trying not to lie around too much because that will make me sleep shitty. Not that I don't do this anyway, but I don't have the energy to sit up for long. I was up most of yesterday, and I still slept shitty, so I suppose it doesn't matter.

Turning up the pressure was a big mistake. It's just way too much air. So I got woken up a few times by that, as well as the mask slipping and hissing since it was getting old and stretched out. I got a new frame and attached a new mask today, but I'm thinking that since I sleep so shitty anyway, I might take a break from the CPAP and see how I feel. If I start having throat closures and suffocating awake, then I'll definitely reach for it. It's a great comfort to know it's there if I wake up gasping or out of breath.

It acted weird again, ramping up before I was asleep and not backing off when I made sure to breathe in a way that should have indicated that I was awake. But it did shut down completely after I removed it a few hours into my sleep after getting fed up with the problems.

Again, I had to take half a clonazepam to relax and get back to sleep. However, I didn't even sleep for 6 hours. Maybe if I don't have the CPAP waking me up, I'll sleep better, but I guess that's going to depend on how many events I have and whether or not whoever's working behind us makes up for the lack of CPAP issues. I have no idea when they're going to come and pick up their shit piles.

I swear I am so not meant to sleep, no matter what I do. Even though you would think it would really damage my health, I know it will be a long time before and if it does. For a while, I was like, "Oh my God, this shit is going to push me into a heart attack or a stroke or some kind of serious health problem," but I would think it would have by now if it was going to do that because this has been going on for years.

A little disappointed I never got used to sleeping in segments, but my research says there isn't any way to train the body to do that. Every time you're woken up, you disrupt your body and brain from repairing and replenishing themselves, and they have to start all over again.

Three times, I was woken up just as I was crashing. Twice due to mouth farts and once due to the mask slipping. I probably had other problems as well, but don't remember. My TSH may be a culprit, too. I'm going back and forth on whether or not my TSH is too low. The fact that I've been cold a lot and so tired suggests it's not, but if my TSH gets too low, it does make it harder to fall asleep and stay asleep. And why would my weight be down? I'm having another 5-minute stint in the 150s. But still, that's 6 lbs down, and I haven't cut calories that drastically because I just can't stand to do it.

In other news, we ordered a mid-fill free-flow bladder. It's the same company that makes this bed and from the same site we got it on. When I'm not so damn tired, I'll proofread and post this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.