Thursday, June 11, 2026

Just made Tom some Hamburger Helper using the free turkey we got. They made a delivery on the other side of the park before they got to us, and we suspect the turkey was probably theirs. I hope they realized it and got reimbursed for it.

Donating twice a week is getting to be too much for Tom, so he's going to back off and try to lose weight. If he donates just once a week, he can make up the money on Prolific for the day he loses. I agree that this is a good idea. Money isn't worth it if you're just going to feel like shit. It's like all the money he had when he was working. Sure, it was great not to have to stress over money and to be able to fork over large sums of money if we needed to repair something or I needed a root canal. But I felt too shitty to enjoy it as much, and he was never home. Physical and mental health will always take precedence over money and be much more important.

The rice at the bottom of the main pot got scorched yesterday, so I did more research, and according to the model I have, putting in a quarter cup of rice is not enough for the spring-loaded sensor. So I'm going to put in one cup, which makes two servings and therefore two separate meals. You can leave food on warm for up to 12 hours, but it says it's best to get it out of there and into a separate container so it doesn't keep cooking. The meatball I added came out great. 

I'm slowly gathering menu ideas. Today's menu will consist of brown rice with chunks of pork. I've got a couple of cans of vegetables that I want to finish off as well, since I'm going to be using frozen or fresh vegetables from now on. I like sticking mostly with frozen fruits and vegetables because they're minimally processed, if processed at all, and I don't have to worry about them spoiling before I can finish them. I am going to indulge in a little watermelon next time around, too. It's been a while.

I'm tired today because I woke up with a stuffy nose even though I took Claritin before bed. I used the neti pot and blew my nose, and it was fine after that. Still, due to the stress of what was going on in back, I had to take a full clonazepam to help relax me enough to get back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.